Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sensational Haiku Wednesday: Books

Join the fun!

Something I have really wanted to rekindle is my love for poetry. I used to write a ton of it in High School, but that was a while ago. My poetic flare has been a bit trampled so I will be taking a refresher and engaging this part of my mind by participating in this meme each Wednesday. Keep in mind, I'm rusty. 

This weeks's theme is: Freestyle

Of boy! That means I get to pick so . . .my chosen theme is books (of course).  


Books

1.
The cover called her
The book beckoned her to read,
An invitation.
2.
She flipped the pages,
Digesting every word
Becoming the book.
3.
Each page told stories
Each word held immense power
The book came alive.
4.
Broken thoughts seemed whole.
Fantasy was tangible,
held between her hands.
5.
Her eyes scanned the page.
                                                               Emotion lit within her
                                                                     books are pure magic!

                                                                    ~By Heather Randall 11/21





7 comments:

  1. Oh, I so share this reader's love of books! Thank you for affirming my "addiction"!

    Will You Think of Me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'emotion lit with her... lovely line and wonderful set of haiku about 'books' ~ one of my favorite times too is reading ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read haiku on books - some of my favoritest things in the world! You wrote beautiful lines. I love them.

    Thanks for dropping by my nook.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a book lover myself, I enjoyed those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book lover and poet ! I already like you :D

    "becoming the book" .. interesting metaphor :)

    ReplyDelete