Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sensational Haiku Wednesday: Search

Join the fun!

This week's theme is: Search

What was I seeking?
The object eluded me
The search was a flop.

My eyes grew tired.
My mind reeled with questions.
Where had I left them?

Just a helpless search
a hurried, frantic disgust
the loss brought delay.

Time moved quickly
I begged, in silent anger
Where were my glasses?

I couldn't go now
not without vision to see
blurry, angry search.

Everything on hold
A cold day turned upside down
by glasses hidden.



Okay, confession: I actually missed a doctor's appointment last week because I couldn't find my glasses. You know where the turned up? Wrapped up in the blanket I slept in. I'm glad I don't roll a lot  in my sleep.  The depressing part was the realization of just how much I need them to see. I remember back when they were optional reading glasses. Times change.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poetry about the 'sacred in the ordinary' ~ aging is not always easy and glasses tend to be quite elusive at times to me too ~

    (A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this amusing set....I can't even see to find my glasses!

    ReplyDelete