Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Tea Sunday: Simply Sweet


We're back . . .

Today my family enjoyed a pairing of  Pomegranate White Tea by The Tea Nation and my own Raisin Flax Muffins (see the recipe below).

The Tea Nation claims they "have flavored (their) Pure Ceylon high grown teas with the most pleasant pomegranate flavor so that you can enjoy it any time of the day." That claim is certainly accurate. My oldest daughter said it was "the perfect balance of fruity and sweet".  This was a surprising review since she doesn't even like pomegranate.  I think I may be raising a tea connoisseur. The pot is empty it was that delicious! 




Sorry that my pictures are not the best today. Hopefully I can come back and tweak it (and add more) later this week. I'm having some issues with my computer at the moment.

Raisin Flax Muffins

3/4 cups flax seed
1 cup quick cooking oats
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins

Mix together flax seed and milk, egg, oil, honey, raisins and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.  In a larger bowl, mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add in your liquid mixture. Mix well. Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin or wrappers (I use muffin wrappers for faster clean up). Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. 
Yields: 12 super moist and yummy muffins.

Side note: The Tea Nation has definitely earned my repeat business. Check out their site to see their wonderful selection of scrumptious flavors. They've even combined my two favorite flavors in their pineapple ginger white tea. I must try this! 

I'm leaving off the linky tool today since I'm not seeing any participation in my weekly meme yet. If you are interested in playing along please add your link in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment